The company needed to improve speed and response time to process captured measurements on a daily basis, greater flexibility to adapt to pricing and billing rules, and speed up the billing process for many contracts, among other things. For this reason, in 2016 they chose Process Technologies to implement SAP IS-U (Industry Solution – Utilities), the specific SAP solution for the public service industry. This project involved the implementation of the Billing & Invoicing (BI & IN), Financial Contract Account (FICA), Customer Service (CS), Device Management (DM) and Work Management (WM) modules. In addition, it covered the following processes:
- Management and administration of rates and contracts as required by existing regulations.
- Management for meter reading, for planning, monitoring and control of customer-installed meters.
- Management for the control of the state of the facilities, networks and equipment, for planning, monitoring and control.
- Customer billing management.
- Sales management (not sales for gas consumption) to invoice and manage all sales that are made outside of the gas consumption process.
- Management and administration of fraud and irregular connections.
- Warehouse administration management – to implement the control process of the meters used by the company.
- Procurement management for acquisition related to business processes.
- Finance management for general accounting of companies.
- Intensive workflow management – for the instrumentation and assembly of authorization processes of all kinds, through complex organization schemes and amounts.
- Collection and delinquency management.
We thank everyone involved in this project and Ecogas for keep trusting Process Technologies for 7 years as their business partner for corrective and evolutionary maintenance and administration of their SAP systems.
The company, made up of the companies Distribuidora de Gas del Centro and Distribuidora de Gas Cuyana, provides services to more than 1,200,000 users in the provinces of Córdoba, Mendoza, La Rioja, San Luis, San Juan and Catamarca. With more than 20 years in the market, they cover 268 locations, through an infrastructure of more than 30,000km of networks and gas pipelines.